Storyboarding [Week 2 of 5th Feb]

During this past week I've been working on story Baird that I will be following to create my pre-vis and if it looks good in the pre-vis it will carry me through all to the end. So it's important that I get this right so I can stay as close to it as possible.

Reference
In creating the storyboard I've been referencing fight scenes from live action and animated movies. I wanted to keep the fight itself strictly hand to hand as adding weapons would have things confusion for me. One of the fight styles I looked into was Kung fu purely for how entertaining it is to watch.

Soundtrack & timing
In the middle of creating the storyboard I was thinking about the soundtrack and when I found a track that I think can work, it made immediately consider the timing of the fight. Was it too fast or was it too slow and in Animation timing is a very big deal.

intro to the fight 
this was interesting as i didn't want this to take up anyomre than a 1/3 of  the roughly 45 second fight 
this was the first intro i had  Intro. i have recently updated the intro to make it quicker so the fight stands out more.

The Software
i' have been using the software by WonderUnit called ' StoryBoarder' which is FREE! it's the best software i've used when it comes to storyboards as in the past i only ever using Photoshop and it would get pretty messy. With this new software i can do more than i ever could before.

Comments