The Beginning - The Brief [Week 1 of 29th Jan]


Brief Overview

This is going to be a roughly 30 second animated cinematic rendered in unreal engine 4 with at least 2 characters. The basic story idea is that a character has been contracted to take out a target, which will be played by the character so those two end up fighting for their life. The action itself will be drawing inspiration from martial arts like movies. It will be a mix of mocap (captured at Teesside University) and keyframe with the majority of it being keyframe however, I plan to have subtle moments that I could be done quicker if it was mocap as they would not be the focus.

During this project, I want to develop my skills with both Maya and mainly unreal engine 4 as the work I’ve done with game engines has been minimal so I have a lot to learn there. I will be putting my cinematic skills to the test and such things as weight transfer because these two characters will be physically interacting with each other allowing for some dynamic moves.

Software To Be Used:


Comments